CORNISH HISTORICAL SOCIETY, INC
P.O. Box 404, Cornish, ME 04020
Exciting News - Cornish Historical Society will be moving into our new home 40 Main Street (next to the Library) in April 2013!!!
The purpose of the Cornish Historical Society is to collect and preserve the history of the town of Cornish, Maine. We were incorporated in 1993, just prior to the town's Bicentennial. One of our first projects was to edit and re-publish the town history book - accomplished in time for the Bicentennial Celebration held in 1994. See a member to purchase a copy.
Here are the names of our Officers as of June 21, 2012. Feel free to contact any of them for further information about the Cornish Historical Society.
President: Katie Benson (207) 625-3095
Vice President: Terria Palmer (207) 625-7326
Treasurer: Edna Carr (207) 625-8920
Secretary: Sandy Howe (207) 625-4813
Historian/Newsletter: Linda Carr Griffin (207) 650-7484
Current Projects: If you would like to assist us in any of these areas, please contact us!
- We are sorting pictures and memorabilia of the town's history. If you have any pictures to give or to lend to us, please let us know. We need assistance in identifying pictures.
- Help cleaning and moving into our new home at 40 Main Street, Cornish, Maine
- Several Committees including: Budget, Membership, Programs...
- Our display at Ossipee Valley Fair
Events for 2013 (call to check on times and dates):
- March 18 Bake Sale during voting hours at Pike Memorial Hall on Town Meeting Day on from about 9-5 PM. FMI 625-4813
- April 2013 “Daffodil Days” first blooming of the thousands of bulbs planted around the village, sponsored by Cornish Historical Society and CAB. Enjoy our beautiful town! Bring your cameras!
- April 27 “Daffodil Duck Derby” 11 AM race begins at the Mill Pond. Prizes and family fun…FMI Cynthia Mason 671-6354
- May 16 "Military Veterans Program" 6:30 pm at Pike Memorial Hall, Cornish... FMI go to "Community Events" on library website
- July Exhibit of "Old-fashioned Kitchen" at the Grange Building during the Ossipee Valley Fair
- September 28 Cornish Apple Festival will have a booth for Cornish Historical Society with exhibit and materials for sale.
- December Annual Holiday Tea Program TBA