CORNISH HISTORICAL SOCIETY, INC
P.O. Box 404, Cornish, ME 04020
Cornish Historical Society open for the season at 40 Main Street (next to the Library). - most Thursdays from 1-5pm, some Saturdays and by appointment.
The purpose of the Cornish Historical Society is to collect and preserve the history of the town of Cornish, Maine. We were incorporated in 1993, just prior to the town's Bicentennial. One of our first projects was to edit and re-publish the town history book - accomplished in time for the Bicentennial Celebration held in 1994. See a member to purchase a copy.
Here are the names of our Officers as of June 2015. Feel free to contact any of them for further information about the Cornish Historical Society.
President: Kathleen Benson (207) 625-3095
Vice President: Sandra Howe (207) 625-4813
Treasurer: Anne MacIntyre (207) 625-3177
Secretary: Diann W. Perkins (207) 625-3281
Historian: Linda Carr Griffin (207) 650-7484
Newsletter: Lynn Harding (207) 625-7415
Current Project(s): If you would like to assist us in any of these areas, please contact us!
- We are sorting pictures and memorabilia of the town's history. If you have any pictures to give or to lend to us, please let us know. We need assistance in identifying pictures.
Events/ Programs for 2015 (call to check on times and dates):
* April 25th - Annual Daffodil Duck Derby (information below)
* May - October - New Baseball Exhibit and our School Exhibit
* August - Old Time Baseball Game - Saturday, August 1, 2015 at Cornish Fairgrounds (time TBA) sponsored by Cornish Historical Society & Cornish Fairgrounds Committee
* September - Apple Pie at Cornish Historical Society House during Cornish Apple Festival
* October - Collector's Day
* December - Christmas in Cornish
3rd Annual Daffodil Duck Derby
Flock to CORNISH for the 3rd Annual Duck Derby, Saturday, April 25th.
First Prize $100 cash!
Tickets available from: The Inkwell,
At Once All Agog, Ace Hardware, Bonney Memorial Library,
Lily’s Fine Flowers & Antiques, and Full Circle Artisan’s Gallery.
Adopt a duck for only $5.00 each or a Quack Pak 5 for $20.
Ducks will race at 11 a.m.
8 a.m. Children’s “Almost A Mile” Duck Run - Road Race (ages 6 – 9 & 10 – 12)
9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
There will be activities in the park including local artisans selling their goods.
“Duck Themed Events”
10 a.m. Bike Parade and Doll Carriage Parade
Cake Contest - on the porch at the Cornish Inn Drop off 9 – 9:30 a.m.