About the Library
On a June night in 1928 at the Pike Memorial Hall, Dr. Sherman Bonney of Denver, Colorado presented the keys of the Bonney Memorial Library to the Cornish Library Association. It was the occasion of the dedication exercises of the library, which Dr. Bonney built in tribute to his parents, Dr. Calvin Fairbanks Bonney and Mrs. Harriet Cheney Bonney. He closed his remarks with these words: "The donor has been permitted to honor the memory of his parents and at the same time make a slight contribution to the people of Cornish... Let its doors be open to all who care to read and learn."
Books, magazines, and audiovisual items can be borrowed for a three-week period. Reference materials and pop-up books are available, but Do NOT circulate.
- Renewals permitted unless material is on reserve
- Reserves: Materials may be reserved upon request at the circulation desk, by phone or through our online catalog.
- Returns: After hours, materials may be placed in the book drop at the front door.
Materials not owned by the library may be requested from other libraries through inter-library loan. Ask librarian for assistance.
The Bonney Memorial Library endeavors to provide quality collections, resources, and services to meet and support the educational, informational, and recreational interests of all members of the community. Its doors are open to all who care to read and learn - providing materials, services, and programs to develop a diffusion of knowledge, promote responsible judgment, instill a tolerance for the rights and opinions of others, and develop charity and nobility of character.
- Allaire Palmer - President
- Linda Humphrey - Vice President
- Thomas Carper - Secretary
- John Bash - Treasurer
- Scott Cecil
- Lorie Pike
- Mary Pingree
- Colleen Tims
- Robert Tims, Jr.
- Stanley Cahill honorary member
- John Love honorary member